What decided to do is expand on my favorite dramas from this page, to share some information on them. I will begin from number five, and work my way up to number one.
5. Boys Over Flowers AKA Hana Yori Dango Korean Version
Watch this drama for free on viki.
Watch this drama for free on dramafever.
As soon as I am finished with my favorite dramas, in detail talk; I will explain the difference between viki, and dramafever.
At the prestigious Shin Hwa High School in Seoul, four boys comprise the group known as the Flower Four. The crème de la crème of most powerful families from Korea, these spoiled, rebellious, flirtatious and cruel boys rule the school. Enter Jan Di, a girl of humble upbringing who is accepted into Shin Hwa on a swimming scholarship after accidentally saving the life of a Shin Hwa student. Not one for following the rules blindly, Jan Di faces immediate scrutiny from the entire school and in particular the boys of the Flower Four and their leader, Goo Jun Pyo, who dislikes her instantly. Through her charm and undying optimism, she slowly begins to capture the hearts of those around her, even the icy boys of the F4.
Release year: 2009
Now I will Contrast & Compare between different versions of Hana Yori Dango, and tell you, my reader, my ultimate favorite and why.
I am reading this from left to right. My rating is based of overall accuracy and overall presentation of the drama.
1. The first row, would be the original plot, which can be ever the manga or the anime. Country of production is Japan. Title: Hana Yori Dango. Well, you can’t rate accuracy to the original as this is what all the other dramas and versions are based of. (10) (1992-2003)
2. The second row, is a not very popular version of Hana Yori Dango. Country of production is Taiwan. Title: Meteor Garden. THis story has a typical Taiwanese themes and plot twists, that are close but far from the original. ( 5/10) (2001)
3. The third row is the human version of the anime, from the first row. Country of production is Japan. Title; Hana Yori Dango. this is the only version that is filmed in two seasons. All thought you would think that this version is supposed to be close to the original plot. It has a lot of restrictions and some themes are toned down, to not offend many of the Japanese families. (6/10) (Season 1, 2005; Season 2, 2007)
4. The fourth row is the version that I featured earlier. Country of release South Korea. Title: Boys over Flowers (Hana Yori Dango in English). This drama kept it to the original script with a 25 episode series, that just tested your patience and heart nerves. (9/10) (2009)
5. The fifth, and last row is so far the longest aired version of the manga. So far… Country of production is China ( The Mainland). Title: Let’s go watch the Meteor Shower. (7/10) (2009-2010)
On the said discussion of different versions of Hana Yori Dango, this month an American version of it will start filming. The cast is picked, the script is ready, the tittle is set. Title: Boys Before Friends. For more info click here.
To tell the truth, I am not sure how to feel about it. The humor of the Asians and temperament of Asians, is much more different from the american. The Asians can turn anything into a laugh without embarrassment or awkwardness. While in the american shows, the humor often is based at the expense of the characters, the main characters; this is only a minor observation. And I hope it goes well, or else there would be a lot of negative reviews, but NO PRESSURE!!!
Anyway my favorite version so far is the Korean version because of its fast paced plot. And also because the secondary couple in this version are very cute and just plainly made for each other.
On this I will end this post…
Until next time,